This Student Enrollment Agreement (the “Agreement”) is a binding contract between the undersigned Student and Online Career Training, LLC (also referred to, hereafter, as the “School”). This Agreement becomes binding and effective upon the Student’s execution below and the School’s acceptance of Student’s application as indicated by online acknowledgement of receipt of, and agreement to, the provisions of this Agreement.
The parties hereto agree as follows:
- PROGRAM DESCRIPTION: The Student shall have the responsibility to review the Program Description and seek further information or clarification, if necessary, prior to enrolling (available at www.healthcarescribes.com).
- TUITION: Full tuition must be received by Online Career Training, LLC, before the Student will be enrolled. The tuition amount is One Thousand Two Hundred Seventy-Five dollars ($1,275), which includes a $50 non-refundable enrollment application fee. Tuition may be paid by check or credit card through the website. Tuition covers all program content, contact with a facilitator via email, terminology textbook, and access to job postings. If Student fails to make payment, or if Student’s check is returned from any financial institution due to non-sufficient funds (“NSF”), Student will be charged a NSF fee of $35 and automatically withdrawn from the program. Reactivation under this Agreement will not be available. If Student is automatically withdrawn and desires to complete the program, Student will need to contact the School to discuss a new enrollment agreement.
- ADMISSIONS CRITERIA: All students entering Online Career Training, LLC must be at least eighteen (18) years of age prior to the first day of class and have successfully completed the 12th Grade at an accredited high school or other institution.
- NON-DISCRIMINATORY CLAUSE: Online Career Training, LLC will never deny admissions to any Student on the basis of race, color, creed, sex, or national origin.
- FAMILY EDUCATIONAL RIGHTS AND PRIVACY ACT (FERPA): FERPA is a Federal law that provides students who are 18 years of age or older certain rights with respect to their educational records. One of those rights is to deny others access to their educational records. This right remains in effect until a student provides written consent to disclose information in their educational records to others. As a result of FERPA, the Student understands that if he/she desires any school official to discuss Student’s progress with someone other than Student, the Student must first provide written consent.
- PROGRAM ACCESS: The Student shall be given access to the online program for a period of six months, commencing from the date of enrollment as determined by Online Career Training, LLC. Extensions will not be granted.
- CERTIFICATE OF TRAINING: In order to receive a Certificate of Training, the Student must successfully complete the program by the date indicated and pass the program’s final exam with a score of at least 70%.
- PROGRAM CANCELLATION POLICY: The Student may request that their enrollment be canceled at any time before the Student is granted access to the program. To cancel your enrollment, please send an email to [email protected]. An enrollment cancellation must be in writing. All cancellations are subject to the School’s Refund Policy, as per Paragraph 9, below.
- REFUND POLICY: The Student acknowledges that no refunds shall be available after the Student is granted access to the online program. Furthermore, the Student has 3 business days from the enrollment date or prior to being granted access to the program, whichever is the earlier date, to cancel their enrollment and only be responsible for the $50 non-refundable Enrollment Application Fee. Only under the above circumstances shall a Student receive a refund and only if the Student cancels his/her enrollment within the 3 business days or prior to being granted access to the online program. After 3 business days from the date of enrollment have passed or the Student is granted access to the online program (whichever occurs sooner), a refund is no longer available even after the Student requests to cancel his/her enrollment.
- NO GUARANTEE: STUDENT UNDERSTANDS AND AGREES THAT COMPLETION OF THE PROGRAM IS NOT A GUARANTEE OF EMPLOYMENT, OBTAINING AN INTERNSHIP OR EXTERNSHIP, OR ADMISSION TO A FOUR-YEAR COLLEGE, COMMUNITY COLLEGE AND/OR A CAREER COLLEGE. ONLINE CAREER TRAINING, LLC HAS NOT MADE ANY PROMISE TO YOU, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING ANY OPPORTUNITIES FOR STUDENT FOLLOWING COMPLETION OF THE PROGRAM. STUDENT AGREES TO RELEASE, INDEMNIFY, DEFEND AND HOLD HARMLESS ONLINE CAREER TRAINING, LLC, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS FROM ANY SUCH CLAIM.
- JURISDICTION FOR DISPUTES: Any suit, action or proceeding arising out of or relating to, and/or to enforce, this Agreement may be commenced and maintained only in a Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Court of competent subject matter jurisdiction in Allegheny County, Pennsylvania, and both Online Training, LLC and the Student (the “Parties”) waives objection to such jurisdiction and venue. The Parties expressly, knowingly and voluntarily waive any right to a trial by jury in any proceeding arising out of or relating to, and/or to enforce, this Agreement. This Agreement shall be construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
By proceeding, you agree that you, the Student, understand and agree to the terms and conditions set forth above, between the School and myself, and no further modification or representation except as herein expressed in writing will be recognized.